Job Title : HGV Removals Driver
Job Location : Hemel Hempstead
Scheduled Hours : Full and Part Time roles available
Working Pattern : Standard, with variable start and finish times
Salary: Starting salary £15 per hour – negotiable depending on experience
£1000 sign on bonus for any driver starting before 30th September 2021 (who stays with the business for 6 months)
At JamVans it’s not what we do it’s how we do it, we like to do things differently and to make that happen our people need to be a little bit different too. We are 100% focused on giving exceptional customer service and your job is to deliver this.
As a member of the team you would move household and office furniture and other items to new premises or into storage. But it doesn’t stop there, we also do exhibition moves and retail deliveries. Put simply, no two jobs are the same.
A typical day…
- Checking with the client which items are to be moved.
- Taking apart large items of furniture for packing and removal.
- Packing items, loading them into the vehicle and securing them safely.
- Driving to the new location, unloading belongings and placing them where client wants them.
Wherever there are houses, there are people that need moving, many of our moves are in London, however you may find yourself driving across the UK and even into Europe.
You’re never at the same place for more than a day; you will always be going different places and seeing different things.
The duration of a typical day is 9 hours with variable start and finish times.
You’ll need to manage your time to get your work done each day to achieve your performance bonus and you will get all the support you need for trickier jobs. Most of your training will be on the job, with the first two weeks working under the supervision of experienced team members, you will shadow them whilst they train you and teach you how we do things.
Skills and Qualifications :
Personality is key to being a JamVans team member. We expect you to go the extra mile in everything that you do, no academic qualifications are essential but you need to have the following qualities and we will teach you the rest:
- An honest and responsible attitude to other people’s property.
- A friendly, manner and good communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team.
- A good level of fitness.
- The ability to work out the most effective way to load items.
- Good time-keeping.
- Full UK driving licence HGV Cat C or Cat C+E and excellent driving skills.
- Flexible approach to solving problems that may arise
Opportunities and Benefits:
One of the biggest benefits you’ll get is the satisfaction and sense of achievement of moving the entire content of one property and delivering it to another. The appreciation that you will get from the client after they have received our exceptional customer service and leaving positive feedback and reviews about the great job that you have done and the difference it has made to them.
Ready to get a move on? Apply now and join the JamVans team. Please send your CV in and a little bit about yourself to [email protected]. If you would prefer to talk, give us a call on 0208 166 1665 .